When it comes to cleaning your drains, there is hardly any fun in it. Not only that, but it can be frustrating to do this alone, and often you’ll need help. However, with the team at Axsom Air, you may be able to clear your drain clogs on your own with ease. With these recommended do-it-yourself drain cleaning methods, you may be able to completely clean those blockages.
DIY Drain Cleaning In Natchitoches
There is nothing worse than suddenly realizing a drain has backed up and there is a surplus of water in your sink or shower. There are a few steps you can take to help clean out those drains, assuming that there are no foreign objects causing the clog.
Homemade Drain Cleaner With Baking Soda And Vinegar
This DIY tip is very easy, requiring only a few common household ingredients. Follow these steps, in order, for results:
- Pour ½ cup of baking soda down your drain.
- Pour ½ cup of vinegar down your drain.
- Plug your drain and let it sit for about an hour.
- After an hour, pour a pot of hot (not boiling) water down the drain.
- Repeat if necessary.
Oftentimes, physically removing blockages with a plumber’s snake and installing a hair catcher in your drain is enough to hold off frequent drain clogs.
Homemade Drain Cleaner With Baking Soda And Salt
Just like the previous tip, this DIY cleaner is an environmentally friendly solution for slow drains. Follow these steps:
- Mix ½ cup of baking soda and ½ cup of table salt together.
- Pour the mixture down your drain.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes or a few hours – the worse your clog is, the longer you should let it sit.
- After letting it sit, pour a pot of hot (not boiling) water down the drain.
The abrasive nature of salt and baking soda can be effective for clearing minor buildup and slow drains.
Homemade Drain Cleaner With Salt, Borax And Vinegar
Although this DIY drain cleaner has more ingredients, the process is just as easy as the other two. Follow these steps for results:
- Pour ¼ cup salt down your drain.
- Pour ¼ cup Borax down your drain.
- Pour ½ cup vinegar down your drain.
- Pour a pot of hot water down.
- Let sit for about an hour.
- To remove any remaining solution, run the hot tap water for a few minutes.
Avoid pouring boiling water down your drains, as the heat can warp PVC pipes or melt pipe connections. If you’re not confident attempting to clear your pipes yourself – our team is always ready to lend a hand!
Natural Drain Cleaning
Following these DIY steps may seem too easy. However, they are a great way to naturally clean your drains and remove any excess buildup without possibly damaging your pipes with store-bought drain cleaner.
Chemical drain cleaners have so many strong ingredients in them, and their corrosive nature can actually cause long-term damage to your pipes. When it comes to cleaning your drains, it is best to do it naturally or call our professionals to provide thorough services.
Natchitoches Drain Clog Removal
If you are in the Natchitoches area and are experiencing drain clogs, backups or even funky plumbing smells, feel free to call Axsom Air. At Axsom Air, we’re happy to help with any issues you may be having.
If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us today! We are here to provide our services and inform you on how to take even better care of your drains.